Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 12 - Guy Night

Some of the nerve pains came back while AJ was sleeping last night which caused a second rough night of sleep.  Dr. Rosenblum will increase his nerve medicine since he is at a very low dose right now.  We thought the nerve pain might be an indication of AJ's nerves healing, but the doctor told us that it does not indicate whether a patient will regain feeling and use in the body or not.

The blood pressure issue gave me a good scare this morning as I helped the CNA take AJ out of bed and into his chair. After we had him sitting up, he started to faint. His chair was not turned on, so we couldn't get him tilted back very quickly.  He went from talking to glassy-eyed, incoherent pretty fast. Luckily, after we tilted him back he started to be able to respond. We were so thankful he didn't pass out again!

The OT tech guy came to get AJ more set up on his computer and cell phone. I'm sure it felt so good when he could control his cell phone without help.  In no time he was checking Snap Chat, text messages and email! He's back on line, baby!


To finish the day right, AJ had a man-night with his cousin, RJ. They took a trip to the cafeteria (AJ's 1st time doing that was today) and bought a delicious pumpkin-chocolate-chip muffin/cookie then headed back to the room to watch a movie.  It's so nice to have family and friends who share their precious time with us. We feel SO blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Is it just me or is everyone hoping for some awesome miracle where AJ is walking before New Years Day? I'm wondering if my hopes are out of whack. From the photos I see his arms being used to support his weight and estimating and improvement curve of rapid ascent. Should I/we be expecting a leveling off or ... I guess ... ummm ... I'm wondering if things are improving and, if so, how much? From what I'm seeing here things are improving... and, uh... what are the doctors saying?

    How do I just turn to the last page of this book to see how it ends? :) j/k I dunno about everyone else but I'm kinda on pins & needles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hoping for a miracle for AJ! Walking by New Years sounds great to me. Just to clarify the picture of him supporting his weight...he did support himself but only for a few seconds. Today is Monday and he practiced tripod sitting again. It was very difficult, painful and exhausting. He also still requires support. He is improving at a rate that impresses the doctor and therapist, but they aren't making any promises on the amount of healing or on time. Thank you for your excitement and hopefulness for him. We do believe in miracles and wish we could turn to the last page!

      Delete