Saturday, November 8, 2014

October 19 - Church Talks

Today was church-talk day for the Hunt family.  AJ and I got to give talks in the hospital branch while Caleb delivered a talk in our home ward! AJ and I were happy to share our testimonies and thoughts especially because the Branch President told us we should only take up to 5 minutes each. :) I don't think Caleb felt the same as us, but we heard that he did awesome on his talk about developing Christ-like Attributes!

I spoke first, sharing my testimony of the power of our thoughts and how important it is to keep our thoughts positive and thankful.  I know this choice enables us to keep the Spirit close and to feel the Savior's peace. For many years I have been inspired by a talk called 'Mastering Our Thoughts' by Kevin Whitehead.  The principles taught in it have really helped me during our time here.

AJ spoke on the importance of maintaining hope. He started by citing a plaque that has been in his hospital room (given to him by a good friend) that says:
"Hope reflects belief. Hope believes in the better, in the higher, in the possibilities. Hope rejects cynicism. People with a higher level of hope believe that though events may not work out they will not be defeated. Hope is the dream of a soul awake."
He then spoke briefly about the Plan of Salvation and how we can have hope through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  His words were simple, honest and powerful. It's clear he strives to live his beliefs!

No comments:

Post a Comment